Square Enix, the publisher of Tomb Raider, to be released on March 5th, for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, today revealed the PC exclusive features along with the System Requirements.
The PC version of Tomb Raider has been developed in tandem between Crystal Dynamics and long-time partner Nixxes; a collaboration that has spanned over a dozen PC titles and dates back fifteen years.
Jurjen Katsman, Director of Nixxes stated that: “The team at Crystal intended to make the game of their careers and we are extremely proud of the part we have played in the project’s development.”
The PC version of Tomb Raider will take advantage of the platform’s hardware, and is extensively optimized to heighten the gameplay experience. Enhanced features include:
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
- Higher quality shadows
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
Tomb Raider supports AMD’s Gaming Evolved program, optimizing it exclusively for ATI Radeon cards, although we’ll have to wait to see if the Gaming Evolved association will actually provide tangible benefits. Tomb Raider will also support AMD HD3D and AMD Eyefinity technologies, allowing the use of a maximum of six simultaneous displays. The game will also be very scalable for older PCs, and will support Windows XP.
Here are the system specifications:
Minimum System Requirements for PC:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 Graphics Card with 512MB Video RAM (AMD Radeon HD 2600XT, nVidia GeForce 8600)
- Dual Core 2Ghz CPU
- 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) and 2 GB RAM (Windows Vista, 7, 8)
Recommended System Requirements for PC:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 1GB Video RAM (AMD Radeon HD 4870, nVidia GeForce GTX 480)
- Quad Core CPU (Intel Core i5-750, AMD Phenom II X2 565)
- 4 GB RAM
Here’s the list of enhanced PC features as said by Square Enix:
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
- Gamepad support.